Thursday, April 23, 2009

Motherhood

Recently I heard about a blog a mom started to talk about all the fun of motherhood and thinking that it would give me a good laugh I logged on to check it out, boy was I terribly disappointed.  Not only was the blog very negative I left it wondering why this person every had kids if all she was going to do was to complain and even curse them. For me being a mother right now is incredibly challenging with a 5, 3 and 3 month old. Some days I have to admit I wonder how I ever thought that I could be a good mom (today is defiantly one of those days). I might not be perfect, I might not get out of bed until after 9:00 and I might have shared a breakfast of teddy grahams with my kids today (and I wonder why I can't loose this baby fat!) but I totally love them and am so grateful for my kids and what they are helping me learn in life. Each child brings me different challenges and each child helps me to feel joy in different ways. I am very grateful for the gospel to help me have the desire to strive to be better and to work harder. I love my kids!!! Now I am off to tackle my ever messy house!

2 comments:

  1. You'll feel even better if you tackle my messy house! Just Kidding. I think your a good mom. I'm glad you are in my life. That sounds romantic but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a honest,heartfelt post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are not alone. I agree with you. Our kids are awesome and we really need to enjoy the good with the bad.

    You are such a great example of what a good mother is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete