Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am liberated!

You know the saying "what has gotten into you", well this is not about what has gotten into me it is about what is not in me any more. After such a trying pregnancy for me I am so very excited to not be pregnant any more. I love that I can sleep on my back. I love that I can bend and move. I love that I don't look like a 90 year old with two hip replacements when I walk any more. I love that I can sit on the floor and get up with out looking like I am completly disabled. I love that I can get out of bed without looking like a beached whale. I love that I can stand on my counter top to put up my roman shades that have been sitting in our office for over six months. I love that I can chase my kids around the house to tickle them. I love that I can hug my kids and husband normally. I love that I no longer need 500 pillows to be able to sleep comfortably any more. I love that I don't have to say I can't do something because I'm pregnant. 
I am so very grateful for the miracle of being able to get pregnant, to then carry the child for 9 months and then to be able to give birth to beautiful children. I am also very grateful to have that experience so I can appreciate all that I can do in my day to day life when I am not pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you! You really had a hard time and its good to see you past it.

    ReplyDelete