Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A hazard here in Fernley that you should all know about!


To those of you who don't live in Fernley you might
think that this is just big piles of weeds.
Well you are wrong!


This is what happens in the spring and fall when the wind is blowing
directly at our house, you get what we call the state flower aka
tumble weed swallowing our house and our car. Soon our
garden starts to look like we are growing tumble weed
there instead of something like roses!
Just for the record we did clean our yard up already
once this season from these menaces.
But not only did they come back but the previous one left
their mark by leaving bits of the sharp branches all
over my yard, which will eventually be tracked in on my carpets
and inevitably end up in my foot.

This particularly beautiful specimen happens to be larger then
my two year old and I have even seen them bigger then this.
Janie swears she saw a family of them crossing the road the
other day. There are times that I am afraid to let my children
out in the front yard for fear that they will be mauled by an angry
tumble weed. At night when it is dark and the wind is howling
you can hear them trying to break down our door to get in.
They are taking over our city!
Something must be done! We can not as responsible citizens
allow these hoodlums take over our community.
WHO IS WITH ME?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya baby!!! In the mean time, I would move out until we can get this gang activity under control!

    I can't believe how badly they pile at your house. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete