Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My little gamer.


Jeff and I both enjoy playing video games here and there so naturally our kids would be exposed to them but I had no idea the level of addiction that would be passed on to Drew. The boys really enjoyed watching me play games since they could not play for themselves until shortly before I had the baby. One day I was playing a game (for the kids of course) and at one point I had to step away to do something and left the controller on the ground Drew picked it up and without any help figured out how to play it himself. Since that time it has become an everyday event to see Drew playing away with his sidekick (TJ) at his side. It is the first thing that he wants to do when he gets up and some mornings I am not even aware that they are awake until I come into the living room and see them both seated in their usual spots attention glued to the game. This was a total life saver for me at the end of the pregnancy since I was struggling to do just about anything but especially entertain my kids. Now it has turned into an obsession far beyond anything I could have imagined. Drew really enjoys playing two player games with Jeff since it makes him feel so big to be playing games with his Dad. Not a day goes by that Jeff doesn't walk in the house and the first words out of Drews mouth to him is "Do you want to play a game" and usually you will not stop hearing it until at least one game is played. I love my little gamer and am totally impressed with his ability to put a game in and figure it out. However starting next week we are having an intervention and I am sure that rehab from constant gaming will be challenging for all involved, I'll keep you posted.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment